How to connect your Tapo camera to Google Home
This guide will show you how to connect your Tapo camera to Google Home. Once connected, you can stream your Tapo camera videos on your Google Nest display using simple voice commands.
To get started, make sure your Tapo camera is set up and online. If your camera has not been configured yet, please refer to the Configuration Video below or Setup Instructions to set it up first.
1. Open the Google Home app, log in and then tap the Add button.
2. Tap Set up device and tap Have something already set up? under Works with Google.
3. Tap the search icon, search for Tapo and tap on it.
4. Log in with your TP-Link ID that has linked to your Tapo camera, and tap Authorize to allow Google to use it.
5. You will see the devices linked to your TP-Link ID. Select a device that you want to connect to Google Home.
6. Choose a home and room for the camera, and then all have done.
7. You can see the Tapo camera connected to your Google Home.
You can stream your Tapo camera videos on your Google Nest display using simple voice commands. For example: “Hey Google, show my Tapo Smart Wi-Fi Camera”.
Note: Every time you change the name of the Tapo camera, you will need to discover the camera again to update its name.
If you still have problem or have any other inquiry, please feel free to contact TP-Link support.
Your feedback helps improve this site.