TP-Link® Introduces High-Performance Enterprise Class Outdoor Wireless Broadband Solution
BARCELONA, Spain — Jan. 23, 2017 TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today introduced Pharos series, a high-performance enterprise class outdoor wireless solution, designed for long distance wireless backhaul, point-to-multipoint connections and outdoor Wi-Fi coverage solutions. Along with the latest innovations in their smartphone, smart home and home networking portfolios, the Pharos series will be showcased at winter's Mobile World Congress, which will run from Feb. 27-Mar. 2 in Barcelona, and will be available in Spanish retailers in spring 2017.
As connectivity to the internet grows, so do the challenges to reach more customers. Wherever the environment cannot accommodate traditional wired network infrastructure, broadband providers must turn to wireless delivery. Luckily, advancements in wireless broadband solutions have made WISP connectivity stronger and more accessible than ever, and TP-Link Pharos series leads in every aspect.
Pharos series products replace the expensive fixed wired connections for outdoor networking applications with flexible and cost-effective wireless connections, through Base Stations, CPEs, various types of external antennas and a centralized management software.
Enterprise Hardware Design
With Qualcomm enterprise-level chipsets, high-gain antennas and high-power amplifiers, Pharos series products are built to maximize and stabilize long distance wireless transmission. In addition, the specially designed weatherproof enclosure and PoE power supply ensure durable performance throughout various weather conditions, from dry to humid, in temperatures from -40°C to 70°C (-40℉ to 158℉).
Proprietary TP-Link MAXtream TDMA Technology
As network scale increases and wireless environment is becoming more and more complex, wireless competition and collisions among wireless devices will be so enormous that the real throughput of the network will drop, resulting in a serious impact on end-user experience. To eliminate these effects,
TP-Link’s Pharos series uses proprietary MAXtream time division multiple access technology to drastically improve wireless performance of a large-scale network in even the most complex wireless environments.
Advanced Centralized Management System
Pharos Control — TP-Link's intuitive and user-friendly centralized management controller software —allows administrators to easily manage all devices in their network from any PC, with no extra cost or special training required. Essential functions like device discovery, status monitoring, firmware upgrading and network maintenance can all be remotely managed to ensure top-quality network performance.
Combining the strengths of signal, durability and centralized management, TP-Link Pharos series products have demonstrated enhanced performance for enterprises of various environments. For WISPs to reach subscribers in a remote villages in Indonesia and Peru, each with unique landscapes, these products have solved the challenges of location, climate and infrastructure to satisfy clients of various needs. Simply put, TP-Link Pharos series is real-world tested and approved.
“With TP-Link’s next-generation of outdoor wireless backhaul solution, Pharos Series, our Wireless Internet Service Provider customers can provide broadband internet access to millions of users,” said Andy Chen, Director of International Business at TP-Link. “This will give any WISP the opportunity to evolve in a large and fast-growing market.”
Key Features of Pharos Series Outdoor Business Wi-Fi Solution
- Adjustable transmission power from 0-27dBm/500mw allows signal optimization
- System-level optimization provides long range wireless transmission
- TP-Link Pharos MAXtream TDMA technology improves product performance in throughput, capacity and latency, ideal for PTMP applications
- Pharos Control gives administrators a free, centralized management system
- Outdoor stabilized enclosure with IP65 weatherproof certification ensure all-weather durability
- 6000V Lightning Protection and 15KV ESD Protection protects network from inclement conditions
- Dual Ethernet ports and integrated grounding terminal maintains user safety
- Passive PoE adapter supports up to 60 meters (200 feet) of PoE deployment and remote device resetting
- WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK ensures data security throughout the network
- Selectable bandwidth of 5/10/20/40MHz
- Throughput Monitor, Spectrum Analyzer, Speed Test and Ping tools give real-time network results
- Easy antenna alignment with wireless signal quality indicators via Web interface