What Can I Do If I Fail to Log In to the EAP via the Domain Name?
EAP320 and EAP330 are not currently available for login via the domain name. If your device is one of the two EAPs, please log in via the IP address.
For how to get the IP address of the EAP, refer to here.
This article provides simple steps and go-to suggestions to that help you zero in on login problems.
Step 1: Check if you have entered the right domain name.
Make sure that you enter http://tplinkeap.net in the address bar.
Step 2: Check if your client is connected to the EAP wirelessly.
You can only log in using the domain name with a wireless connection. If you log in with a wired connection, connect your device to the EAP wirelessly instead.
Step 3: Check if your wireless client is connected to the EAP which you want to configure.
The default SSID of the EAP is printed on the product label at the bottom of the device. The dual-band EAP has two default SSIDs named TP-Link_2.4GHz_XXXXXX and TP-Link_5GHz_XXXXXX on the 2.4GHz band and 5GHz band, and the single-band EAP has a default SSID named TP-Link_2.4GHz_XXXXXX on the 2.4GHz band.
Step 4: Check if your client has got the IPv4 address from the DHCP server.
Clients that are using IPv6 addresses cannot log in to the EAP via the domain name, because Omada EAPs cannot translate the domain name to an IPv6 address currently. If your device is using an IPv6 address, change its IP settings to gain an IPv4 address.
Step 5: Check if your client can access the internet.
Open a web browser and try if you can open https://www.tp-link.com. If no, refer to the FAQ document What should I do if I cannot access the internet to solve the network problem. If your client can access the internet, try the following operations for troubleshooting:
- Clear the browser cache or use anther browser to log in again. Here introduces how to clear cache demonstrated with Chrome.
- ) Open Chrome and click, then choose More tools > Clear browsing data…
- ) In the Basic tab, select the time range and check the Cached Images and files, then click CLEAR DATA.
- Go to the wireless setting of your wireless client device and turn off the Wi-Fi button. Then turn it on and connect the network again.
- Reboot the EAP device. Then connect your client to the EAP wirelessly and log in again.
- You can try to log in to the EAP via the IP address of the EAP. Follow the steps below to log in via the IP address of the EAP.
- ) Get the IP address of the EAP. There are two methods.
- Go to https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap-controller/#EAP_Discovery_Tool to download EAP Discovery Utility. EAP Discovery Utility is a software that can scan all EAPs in the same network segment. Install and launch EAP Discovery Utility on the PC, and find the IP address of the EAP. In the following figure, the IP address of the EAP is 192.168.0.5.
- Log in to the router which acts as the DHCP server. In the DHCP client list, find the IP address of your EAP according to its MAC address. The MAC address can be found at the bottom of the EAP.
- ) Launch a web browser and enter the IP address of the EAP in the address bar to load the login page of the EAP.
If login still fails, reset the EAP device to its factory default settings and try again.
The following picture gives a detailed direction for troubleshooting. If you have completed all the steps and the problem still exists, please contact TP-Link support team for help. Our Technical Support contact information can be found at https://www.tp-link.com/support/.
Byla tato FAQ užitečná?
Vaše zpětná vazba nám pomůže zlepšit naše webové stránky