HomeShield Pro Service Agreement
Welcome to use the TP-Link HomeShield Pro service. To protect the rights and interests of users (hereinafter referred to as "you"), please read the HomeShield Pro Service Agreement (hereinafter referred to as "this agreement") carefully before using this service. Your use of the HomeShield Pro service is governed by this HomeShield Pro Service Agreement. Buying or using this service means you have reached an agreement with TP-Link and are willing to accept all the contents of this agreement.
The HomeShield Pro service is a value-added product of TP-Link, offering a variety of member privileges for you to better manage your home network. The HomeShield Pro service may be affected by your device firmware version or app version. To fully take all
Member privileges,It is recommended that you update your device firmware and app to the latest version. The member privileges included in the HomeShield Pro service are subject to the information published by TP-Link on the service subscription page. TP-Link reserves the right to adjust all or part of the member privileges according to business needs. The adjustments will be announced on the service subscription page. You can also consult TP-Link customer service at any time for details of the current member privileges.
When you purchase any of the HomeShield Pro service subscription plans, you expressly acknowledge and agree that (1) TP-Link is authorized to charge you a subscription fee (in addition to any applicable taxes) on a monthly or annually recurring basis depending on the billing cycle you choose and the promotion code you apply, if any, for as long as your subscription is in effect, and (2) your subscription is in effect until you cancel it or it is terminated at our discretion because your credit card was declined or you otherwise fail to pay your subscription fee, and (3) your subscription period shall not be suspended, interrupted or extended under any circumstances.
The HomeShield Pro service does not accept any returns, refunds, or exchanges, and changing the TP-Link ID that uses the HomeShield Pro service is not allowed. Cancellation of paid subscriptions has no retroactive effect in the sense of refunding and only affects future charges.
Service Opening and Validity
You agree to this agreement and pay the service subscription fee to get the HomeShield Pro service. HomeShield Pro Service Validity Period: Calculated from the service opening date, and the specific validity period can be viewed on the service subscription page. If the service is renewed in any way before expiration, the validity period will be extended accordingly. TP-Link reserves the right to suspend this service if it has not been renewed in any way before expiration
Service Fees and Renewals
The fee of the HomeShield Pro service is subject to the prices published by TP-Link on the service subscription page.TP-Link may launch promotions from time to time, and the promotion information and prices will be announced on the member service page If you subscribe to the HomeShield Pro service you are deemed to have authorized TP-Link to
deduct the next billing cycle service fee from your iTunes account or Google account when your membership is about to expire. If you want to cancel the auto-renewal or automatic deduction, you have the right to turn off auto-renewal before TP-Link deducts the service fee of the next billing cycle. For relevant rules and instructions, please refer to the Auto-Renewal Service Agreement. If the deducted service fee is less than or more than the correct or advertised price, TP-Link reserves the right to complete subsequent
transaction attempts up to 30 days after the transaction date to correct the payment
Restrictions on Use
Your use of this service is subject to the following additional restrictions. You may not use or interact with the service in a manner that:
- Violate this agreement.
- Violate laws, regulations, rules, ordinances and any normative provisions with legal effect.
- Destroy or affect TP-Link's provision of this service to any third party.
- Violate the security of any computer network.
- Adversely affect the services and activities ofthis agreement provided by TP-Link and related third parties, and infringe the legitimate interests of TP-Link and/or associated third parties.
- Use this service to obtain illegal benefits, including but not limited to improper profits through resale, transfer, and sub-authorization.
- Undertake other actions that violate TP-Link's legitimate interests.
You acknowledge and agree that TP-Link has the right to take one or more of the following measures if a breach is discovered:
- Take actions including but not limited to suspend or terminate all or part of member privileges of this service.
- TP-Link does not need to refund you any fees. The fees corresponding to the unfulfilled services will be owned by TP-Link as a penalty. You are solely responsible for any losses in your account, and you should also compensate TP-Link for its losses arising out of the breach, including but not limited to attorney fees, and litigation fees.
Service Agreement Acceptance and Revision
Service Changes or Suspension
TP-Link is constantly changing and improving its services.TP-Link may choose to suspend interrupt and terminate all or part of the member privileges of the HomeShield Pro service based on its own business decisions,government actions, force majeure and other reasons. If such situations occur, TP-Link will notify you in the form of an announcement, but will not be responsible for any losses caused to you. Except in the cases explicitly stipulated by laws and regulations, TP-Link has the right to directly return to you the fees corresponding to the unfulfilled services without your application.
Force Majeure Clause
TP-Link is not responsible for losses caused by force majeure. Force majeure referred to in this agreement include:
- Natural disasters
- Changes in laws and regulations, or government directives
- Reasons specific to the characteristics of network services, such as failures of basic
Telecommunications operators, computer or Internet-related technical defects, Internet coverage limitations, computer viruses, and hacking
- Other unforeseeable, unavoidable and insurmountable situations within the legal scope