Download for TL-SG2008
- Product Overview
|Published Date: 2015-02-03||Language: English||File Size: 78 KB|
Operating System: WinXP/2003/Vista/7/8/Mac/Linux
For TL-SG2008 V1 150203 and subsequent versions
|Published Date: 2014-01-28||Language: English||File Size: 66 KB|
Operating System: Win2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/Mac/Linux
Notes:For TL-SG2008 V1 140126 and subsequent versions
- How to Configure LAG/LACP on TP-Link Omada switches in Controller Mode
- How to configure switch as DHCP server on Standalone mode
- How to Configure Management VLAN on TP-Link Smart and Managed Switches Using the New GUI
- Typical CLI Configuration Examples for TP-Link JetStream Switch
- How to Setup TP-Link AP’s Multi-SSID (VLAN) to Work with TP-Link Switch
- How to test the Jumbo Frame pass-through feature on TP-Link switches
- How to configure RSTP on TP-Link switches using the old GUI
- How to change the IP address of the smart and managed switches using the old GUI and CLI
- How to configure LACP on our Smart/ Managed Switch
- How to configure MAC ACL on Smart/Managed switch
- How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on Smart and Managed switches using the new GUI
- How to configure IGMP Snooping for IPTV network on L2 Managed switches using the new GUI
- How to check and modify VLANs on a TP-Link JetStream switch via SNMP
- How to achieve AAA Authentication through TACACS + server on the switch
- How to setup Switch as DHCP server on Omada SDN Controller
- What should I do if I cannot access the web management page of my TP-Link switch?
- How to configure OpenSSH 7.0(and above) to login smart and managed switches?
- How to Block an illegal client with Certain IP address from getting access to the network using TP-Link Managed Switches
- What are the differences in features and application scenarios among various serial switches?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2015-06-24||Language: English||File Size: 3.37 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. For TL-SG2008 V1.
|Published Date: 2015-02-03||Language: English||File Size: 3.33 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1.Added Network Security feature, including IP-MAC Binding and 802.1X, etc.
2.Added the command "access-list" in the interface range configuration mode (config-if-range).
3. Enriched sub-nodes of dot1dTp and dot1qTp so that dot1dTpFdbTable and dot1qTpFdbTable are supported now.
4. Improved CLI commands and configuration file so that the password saved in the configuration file can be encrypted now.
5. Improved Traffic Monitor feature so that values bigger than 2^32 are supported now.
6. Optimized the naming principles for device description, VLAN name and port description so that space/blank is allowed now.
7. Optimized Loopback Detection feature.
1.Solved LACP compatibility problems with Free NAS and Marvell Network Control Utility for Aggregation and VLANs.
2.Fixed the bug that after working for about 10 days, a problem with high CPU occupied and inaccessible web interface comes out within a short period.
3.Fixed the bug on MAC ACL that if ending with "deny all", a rule in higher priority may fail.
4. Fixed the bug that some sub-nodes under interface node (OID: 22.214.171.124.2.1.2) never return a non-zero value.
5. Fixed the bug on DHCP Filtering/Snooping that replies from the DHCP server will be blocked if there isn't a DHCP discovery before the DHCP request.
6.Since DHCP Snooping feature is added (under IP-MAC Binding) in this firmware, DHCP Filtering feature is removed.
1. For TL-SG2008 V1
2. Since we have added DHCP Snooping feature and deleted DHCP Filtering feature in this firmware, your configs about DHCP Filtering will be lost after upgrading, you may need to configure DHCP Snooping manually. Other configs will be reserved after upgrading.
3.After upgrading to this firmware, it is not allowed to downgrade to an ealier one.
|Published Date: 2014-06-26||Language: English||File Size: 3.31 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
Notes:For TL-SG2008 V1
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.