How to set up Guest Network of TP-Link cable modem routers?（Blue UI）
User's Application Scenario
This function allows you to provide Wi-Fi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them. In addition, you can customize guest network options to ensure network security, privacy, and fluency.
How can I do that?
Follow the steps below:
Note: Archer CR700 is used for demonstration in this article.
- Please refer to How to log into the web-based management interface of Archer CR700?
- Go to Advanced > Guest Network. Locate the Wireless section.
3. Create a 2.4GHz or 5GHz guest network according to your needs(Here we take Wireless 2.4GHz as example, if you need set wireless 5GHz, please to Wireless 5GHz > Guest network).
Note: Single band modem router only has 2.4GHz wireless setting.
1) Enable Guest network
2) Customize the SSID. Don‘t select Hide SSID unless you want your guests to manually input the SSID for guest network access.
3) Set Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal (recommended), keep the default Version and Encryption values, and customize your own password.
4. Click Save. Now your guests can access your guest network using the SSID and password you set!
Please continue, if you want to customize guest network options, and do not forget to click Save.
Allow guests to see each other
Select this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with each other via methods such as network neighbors, Samba, Ping, and FTP.
Access my local network
Select this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with the devices connected to your router’s LAN ports or main network via methods such as network neighbors, Samba, Ping, and FTP.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
A sua resposta ajuda-nos a melhorar o nosso site.