You can set up WPA2 -PSK wireless security mode on your wireless modem router by following these steps:
Step 1: Log in to your DSL router.
- Open your web browser and type the LAN IP address of the router in the address bar (the default IP address of TP-LINK routers is 192.168.1.1), then press Enter.
- When you are prompted, enter the router´s username and password (the default username and password are both admin)
- Once you are logged in to your wireless modem router , click the Interface Setup menu option.
- On the Interface Setup page, click Wireless.
Select "WPA2-PSK" in the Authentication Type menu . WPA2-PSK is also known as WPA2-Personal.
Select "AES" as the Encryption Type
- Enter a pre-shared key (wireless password) of your choice in the Pre-Shared Key field. Here we have used " tplinktest" , but you can use any pre-shared key you would like to configure.
* The pre-shared key can be made up of letters (upper- and lowercase), numbers and some symbols (i.e. underscores (_), hyphens (-), etc).
Click the Save button at the bottom of the page. The settings will then be saved, and WPA2-PSK wireless security will be enabled on your router.
Please note: If you find that you´re unable to connect to your wireless network after changing your router´s wireless settings, please refer to the related articles below:
* Please note: This process can also be used to remove the existing wireless profile on Windows 7.