TP-LINK® Announces the Most Advanced Modem Router in the World
Hofheim am Taunus, Aug 10, 2016 – TP-LINK®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today announced the Archer VR2800v VoIP All-in-One DSL Modem Router. Powered with a Broadcom Dual Core 1GHz CPU, it is equipped to exceed the internet standards of tomorrow. Along with the latest innovations in their home networking portfolio, the Archer VR2800v will be unveiled at this fall's IFA, which will run from September 2-7 in Berlin, and will be available in German retailers by late 2016.
As more users continue to move towards more internet-based communication and entertainment, demand increases for powerful, fast and stable access to multiple devices. By delivering the latest in VDSL, Wi-Fi and VoIP capabilities, the Archer VR2800v serves every modern home with the single most advanced modem router in the world.
Designed for the Future
Recognizing the need to deliver faster internet speeds, service providers continuously search for and develop more robust ways to satisfy their clients. Among these developments is VDSL v35b (Super VDSL), transmitting internet connection speeds of up to 350Mbps, 3.5x faster than its VDSL2 predecessor, and will be widely adopted across Europe, with by Germany's No. 1 ISP Deutsche Telekom and Italy's No. 2 ISP Fastweb implementing this technology in the coming year. In addition, Reference Noise Cancellation delivers a 15% more stable DSL signal. The Archer VR2800v harnesses both technologies now to ensure the home with the internet capabilities of the future.
Highly Evolved Wi-Fi for Everyone
Imagine a home in which every smartphone, tablet and laptop can stream hours of highest-definition video, surpass levels of an online game, all at the same time, wherever they are. The Archer VR2800v makes this a reality, delivering 2.8Gbps of dual band Wi-Fi, loaded with buffer-breaking advancements. 600Mbps of 2.4GHz is perfect for web browsing, emailing, and video chatting. For faster applications, 2167Mbps of 5GHz on 802.11ac wave 2 uses NitroQAMTM(1024QAM) and 4-Stream technology for 25% increased wireless performance. 4×4 MU-MIMO sends 4x faster Wi-Fi to all connected devices, and beamforming allows for wider, targeted wireless coverage. The result: multiple wireless devices simultaneously accessing 4K streaming and gaming without buffering, lag, or interruption.
Unleashed VoIP Capabilities
As a DECT base station, the Archer VR2800v can connect up to six DECT handsets or CAT-iq 2.0 phones, as well as two analog telephones, all at once. With the TP-LINK tpPhone app, replace DECT handsets and make VoIP calls with a smartphone. To save important messages, records over 540 minutes of voicemail with 512MB of internal storage
"With a faster, stronger and more stable internet connection needed by multiple devices at the same time, the home needs a simple, all-inclusive solution for these advanced needs," said Kevin Wang, Head of TP-LINK Europe."Our Archer VR2800v VoIP All-in-One DSL Modem Router offers a single, powerful device, so that the home user can simply connect as fast as possible, rest assured with a device made for the future of home internet."
- AC2800dual band with 4-Stream technology delivers up to 2800Mbps* Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (600Mbps), and 5GHz (2167Mbps) bands
- MU-MIMO technology enables Wi-Fi for every device with multi-user support
- Powerful 1GHz dual-core CPU and co-processors to enjoy high-speed connections without interruption
- VDSL v35b to deliver DSL internet speeds up to 350Mbps, 3.5x faster than VDSL 2
- RNC technology increases DSL signal stability by 15%
- Beamforming technology to send targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices
- DECT base station allows up to 6 DECT handsets or CAT-iq 2.0 phones
- TP-LINK tpPhone app enables your smartphone as a DECT
- Record over 540 minutes of voicemail with 512MB of internal storage
- Four high-performance antennas supercharge your Wi-Fi signal
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports enabling lightning-fast wired connections
- Two USB 3.0 ports to share files, photos, music, and videos across the network
- Connect 3G/4Gadapter to USB port for internet backup
- Ethernet WAN supports cable and fiber optic modems
- Parental controls help set time limits and block websites to keep children safe
- Guest networks provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Use the TP-Link Tether app to check network status and adjust Wi-Fi settings from your Android or iOS device
- VPN Server enables a secure connection between your private networks and the internet
- tpCloud enables access automatic firmware updates and remote control of your router from afar
- Supports 802.11ac and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n