- Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Routers
- Modems/ Gateways
- Network Expansion
- Smart Home
- Mobile Wi-Fi
- JetStream Switches
- Auranet Business Wi-Fi
- Pharos Wireless Broadband
- SafeStream Router
- Training Center
- Service Provider
What should I do if Tether fails to detect my TP-Link device on the “Device” page?
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link device wirelessly.
2. Make sure the smartphone is not connected to the guest network.
3. Make sure the TP-Link device supports Tether app. Please follow the link below to check the compatibility list.
4. Make sure the TP-Link device is using the latest firmware.
5. If the TP-Link device is a range extender using a static IP, make sure the IP address is in the same subnet as your router.
6. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app and try again.
Your feedback helps improve this site.
We appreciate your feedback.
Click here to contact TP-Link technical support.