- Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Routers
- Modems/ Gateways
- Network Expansion
- Smart Home
- Mobile Wi-Fi
- JetStream Switches
- Auranet Business Wi-Fi
- Pharos Wireless Broadband
- SafeStream Router
- Training Center
- Service Provider
What should I do if Tether fails to detect my TP-Link device on the “Device” page?
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link device wirelessly.
2. Make sure the smartphone is not connected to the guest network.
3. Make sure the TP-Link device supports Tether app. Please follow the link below to check the compatibility list.
4. Make sure the TP-Link device is using the latest firmware.
5. If the TP-Link device is a range extender using a static IP, make sure the IP address is in the same subnet as your router.
6.Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
7. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app and try again.
Your feedback helps improve this site.
We appreciate your feedback.
Click here to contact TP-Link technical support.