This article is intent to tell you how to do the troubleshooting if fail to install the modem router. The following flow chat is the whole picture of troubleshooting process.
· Connect ADSL phone line toLINE port of modem router；
· Connect a computer to one of the LAN ports (yellow) with Ethernet cable；
· Plug the power adapter to the modem and switch on it.
Note: if you use a splitter to connect your phone as well, check the bellowing:
Check the lights on the front panel of the modem router, normally you should have the bellowing lights:
· Power light should be solid;
· ADSL light should be solid;
If ADSL light is flashing or off：
1) Remove the splitter, just connect the phone line directly to the modem
2) Contact ISP to check ADSL line service if it remains off.
· The corresponding LAN light should be on or flashing when a computer is plugged in.
· If it is a wireless modem router, the wireless signal light should also be flashing by default.
Before the installation, make sure you are aware of the username, password, connection type, VPI/VCI number provided by your Internet Service Provider. If you are not sure about the information, contact your ISP to doublecheck them firstly.
There are two ways to install the modem router: one is to run the Easy Setup Assistant; the other is to run Quick Setup/Quick Start on the web management page.
For Method 1:
Normally, there should be a mini disk inside the package which is suitable for windows computer. If you don’t have the CD, you can go to www.tp-link.com to download the software as well;
If you have a MAC OS computer or others which can’t support the software, please adopt Method 2.
For Method 2:
Here is the details of Note 1 in the flow chart above:
1. If your connection type is PPPoE/PPPoA:
For Trendchip solution:
PPPoE, click here for detailed instruction.
PPPoA, click here
For Broadcom solution:
PPPoE, click here,
PPPoA, click here
2. If your connection type is IPoE or IPoA:
For IPoE, click here
For IPoA, click here
If the status is still Down/PPP Down/Authentication Failure,
For Trendchip solution: on the web management page, click on Status, it shows Down in WAN section.
For Broadcom solution: on web management page, click Device Info->WAN, it shows Authentication Failure OR PPP Down under status.
1. Confirm information like username, password, connection type, VPI/VCI number with Internet service provider.
2. Make sure username and password are typed in correctly.
- Username and password are both case-sensitive;
- if your username is like an e-mail address, please input the whole email address including @xxx.com.xx.
- Be careful if there is letter O or number 0. Don’t confuse O with 0, vice verse.