[FAQ ID: 451]How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 8
Suitable for: Adapters & 56K Modem, 300Mbps Wireless N Adapters, 150Mbps Wireless N Adapters, 54Mbps Wireless G Adapters, N900 Wireless Dual Band Adapters, N600 Wireless Dual Band Adapters
Before the installation, please download the latest driver from TP-LINK official site, and extract the zip file to a folder .
First, please go to the right corner of computer screen, you will see the menu, then click Search.
Click Desktop .
Then please follow the steps below:
1. Insert the adapter onto your computer.
2. Download the updated software and extract it.
3. Right click Computer , and then click Manage .
NOTE : If you are not an administrator, you will be prompted to type an administrator password, and then click Yes.
4. Open Device Manager . Right click the adapter and then click Update Driver Software… .
5. Click Browse my computer for driver software .
6. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer .
7. Highlight Show All Devices and click Next .
8. Click Have Disk .
9. Click Browse .
10. Select the inf file in the driver folder, and then click Open .
NOTE : athw8 is for 32-bit operating system, athw8x is for 64-bit operating system.
11. Select the devicer you want to install for this hardware and Click Next .
12. Click Yes .
13. Wait a moment .
14. Click Close .
Appendix for Windows 8 64 bit
If the installation was failed under Windows 8 64 bit and you encountered the error message below:
Please connect your computer to Internet with a cable and go back to step 5.
5. Click Search automatically for updated drive software
6. Wait a moment
7. Click Close