Differences among EAP Controller’s login account, device account and user account of EAP device
Suitable for: EAP Controller 2.x and EAP series products
When using EAP Controller software to manage EAP devices you may encounter three kinds of account including EAP Controller’s login account, device account on EAP Controller and user account of EAP device, which may be confusing. This article is used to clarify them all.
EAP Controller’s login account
1. This account is used to log in to the EAP Controller software. Administrator account is set when running the software for the first time.
2. Administrator may click and then go to Admin->User Settings to edit or add other EAP Controller’s login Account.
1）Click the iconto edit the account or change the password.
2）Click the “Add” icon to add EAP Controller’s login account with different roles.
3）If you forget the password of EAP Controller’s administrator login account, you can retrieve it by the E-mail address set by the administrator or you may need to re-install the software.
Device Account is set on EAP Controller and will be pushed to the EAP device as its user account after adoption. The Device Account will be the same as EAP Controller’s administrator login account after running the software for the first time.
You may click and go to System->Device Account to check the account information or change the password.
The User Account of EAP device will be the same as Device Account after being adopted by EAP Controller.
User Account of EAP device
1. This User Account is used to adopt EAP device under pending status or log in to the EAP device which is not managed by EAP Controller. The default Username/Password is admin/admin by factory. When EAP device is in pending status, you can go to Pending->click ->input the Username/Password->click Apply to adopt it.
2. After EAP device is adopted by EAP Controller, the User Account of EAP device will be the same as Device Account.
3. When EAP device is adopted and managed by EAP Controller, please note that:
- You cannot log in to the web management of EAP device;
- If Device Account is changed, User Account of EAP device will be changed simultaneously;
- If you forget the password, you may check the Device Account or reset EAP device.
4. If you don’t need to manage EAP device through EAP Controller, you may go to Name/MAC Address->Configuration->Forget this AP.Then the EAP will restore to factory settings and you need to use the default admin/admin account to log in to this EAP.
Your feedback helps improve this site.