How to Configure IP&MAC Binding on the TL-WR902AC (Standard Router and Hotspot Router Mode)?
IP & MAC Binding, namely, ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) Binding, is used to bind a network device’s IP address to its MAC address. This will prevent ARP spoofing and other ARP attacks by denying network access to a device with a matching IP address in the ARP list, but with an unrecognized MAC address.
The IP&MAC Binding function is only applied in “Standard Router” and “Hotspot Router” modes for TL-WR902AC.
Step One: Binding Settings
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with the username and password you set for the router. The default username and password are both “admin” in lowercase.
2. Go to Advanced > IP & MAC Binding > Binding Settings.
3. Select Enable for ARP Binding.
4. Click Save.
*To add IP & MAC Binding entries:
1. Click Add New.
2. Select the Bind checkbox. And enter the MAC address and IP address.
3. Click Save.
*To modify or delete an existing entry:
1. Find the desired entry in the table.
2. Click Modify or Delete in the Modify column.
*To find an existing entry:
1. Click Find.
2. Enter the MAC address or IP address in the corresponding field.
3. Click Find on this page as shown below.
Step Two: ARP List
To manage a device, you can observe the device on the LAN by checking its MAC address and IP address on the ARP list, and you can also configure the items. This page displays the ARP List which shows all the existing IP & MAC Binding entries.
• MAC Address - The MAC address of the listed computer on the LAN.
• IP Address - The assigned IP address of the listed computer on the LAN.
• Status - Indicates whether or not the MAC and IP addresses are bound.
• Configure - Load or delete an item.
• Load - Load the item to the IP & MAC Binding list.
• Delete - Delete the item.
• Click Bind All to bind all the current items.
• Click Load All to load all items to the IP & MAC Binding list.
• Click Refresh to refresh all items.
An item cannot be loaded to the IP & MAC Binding list if the IP address of the item has been loaded before. Error warning will prompt as well. Likewise, Load All only loads the items without interference to the IP & MAC Binding list.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.